POLL RESULTS: Which method do you use to apply bold and italics?

John Wilcox JWilcox at zetron.com
Wed Jan 25 12:08:21 PST 2006

Of the 37 responses I got, 35 chose B or a variation thereof.

Most of those 35 were so adamant that I doubt they will be surprised at the
results, but I for one had no idea the vote would be so lop-sided.

All of the variations mentioned involved creating and using use-specific
char tags, such as BookTitle, VariableElement, NewTerm.

Two people said that using WebWorks, the bold and italic formatting would be
lost in the conversion, but I have not found this to be the case, at least
in WWEP.

Thanks to all who replied! As usual, the respondents comprise only a tiny
fraction of the list membership, but I suppose they give a pretty good
snapshot of actual usage.

Regards,
John Wilcox, Technical Writer
Zetron, Redmond