add Framers list to gmane.org?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:12:10 PST 2006

I'm not a lawyer (and I don't play one on TV, either), but I don't see
how publication in any medium of a URL to an item in a publicly available
archive infringes on the original poster's copyright. It seems to me that
publishing a URL is analogous to publishing the ISBN number for a work
published in hard. All you are doing is facilitating someone's ability to
access the original work which is already publicly available.

If you want to carry the copyright thing to such an extreme, how
about forbidding the inclusion of any portion of the original posting
in all replies? That seems to be more of a rights violation to me than
publishing a URL to a public archive.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel (particularly on intellectual
property
  issues...)
Fred Ridder
Intel