Frame documnet saved as XML losing formatting

Karen West klw at cyberscience.com
Tue Jan 31 07:23:17 PST 2006

I'm using Frame 7.0p492 to do a Save as xml on some Frame documents. I have
already converted about 10 books and not had any major problems but suddenly
I am seeing a loss of formatting. For example, in the Frame document there
is the following text: (Note that formatting comments have been inserted in
square brackets [ ])

The following steps illustrate how to create a new category called
[I]Female[/I] in the TITLE column by combining the values for [I]MISS[/I]
and [I]MRS[/I]:

Whereas the XML for this does not contain any formatting:

<Body>The following steps illustrate how to create a new category called
Female in the TITLE column by combining the values for MISS and MRS:</Body>

I also have a 3 page Frame document, where the resulting xml contains only:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="intro.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8"?>
<XML>
<TITLE> </TITLE></XML>

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here. Is this problem fixed in a
later release perhaps?

Thanks

Karen West
Technical Writer