Frame documnet saved as XML losing formatting

Mike Feimster mike.feimster at acstechnologies.com
Tue Jan 31 08:51:10 PST 2006

 Karen wrote:

"They do use paragraph and character tags, though rarely for bold and
italic.
The XML is for a help system, for which I'm having to provide all my
documents in XML format. I am now paying the price in the conversion to XML,
of both my formatting mistakes and those of my predecessors."

Do they want an arbitrary xml format, or do they want a specific syntax such
as DocBook, DITA, or home made?

If they want a specific syntax, you might be better off converting your
unstructured documents to structured and then saving as XML.

<potentially showing my ignorance>
I've never understood why someone would want the generic xml that comes from
Frame (or Word for that matter) unless they planned to convert it to
something else. Feel free to enlighten me.
</potentially showing my ignorance>

Mike