FM - tags and text boxes

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesyn.co.nz
Mon Jul 10 19:22:31 PDT 2006

Hi Merry

First, back your file up before you play with text frames on Master
pages. You can get unexpected results. Also, remember that changing the
text frame on a master page changes it for all pages that use that
master page. You can change single body pages (in the same way as I
describe below for master pages), but it's better to avoid doing so. If
you do change a body page, that change is tied to the page number, *not*
the content of the page, so you have to do it just before publication.

So, on your master page, hold down the Ctrl key and click inside a box.
That selects that text frame. Then you can drag it to move it, drag the
handles to resize it, delete it, or use the menu option Format >
Customise layout > Customise text frame to control it.

To select multiple frames, Ctrl-click in each in turn. To deselect
frames, click somewhere on the page outside the frame. You can also copy
a selected frame/s, go to another master page, and paste the selected
frame/s into the page. That can be a quick way to get consistency.

Cheers, Rebecca

>>> Merry Foxworth <merryfoxworth at yahoo.com> 11/07/06 14:06 >>>
Again, thanks to several of you, especially those who
told me about Ctrl - M.  As you all can probably tell,
I am new to FrameMaker.

Another issue I have is the text boxes outlined by
dotted lines.  How does one change them?  I would have
thought it was possible when you switch the View to
Master Pages but I don't see how.

I found a tutorial online but I am not finding the
answers I need in it.

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.