DocBook

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Thu Jul 13 07:14:53 PDT 2006

At 01:12 PM 7/12/2006, Joe Malin wrote:
>I have chosen to start with DocBook rather than DITA, just because I've
>worked in structured Frame with a DTD that was based on full DocBook.

>I have already written some production docs in unstructured FM 7.1,
>sticking like glue to my own standardized templates for *everything*
>(including equations!). My initial thought is to convert these
>unstructured docs to structured by crafting an EDD based on the
>unstructured templates.

Joe,
   The approach of designing an EDD based on the unstructured templates is
quite reasonable. No reason for such an EDD to be even a subset of DocBook,
although using element names that are compatible with those you've worked
with in the past is also sensible.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284