jagged edges on graphics

Thu Jul 13 10:43:24 PDT 2006

Shenton, David (DTRN) wrote:

> Guys. what's the rule of thumb when it comes to line
> drawings, screen shots and photo's when it comes to importing
> a graphic. I use an old method, if it looks good its OK.

The first rule is: Understand how line drawings, screen shots, and
photos are different, and don't use the same rule of thumb for all
three.

> Is there a web page that gives an explanation of what to use and why?

Well, if terms like vector, raster, and bitmap aren't all that clear to
you, you might start at Wikipedia (it ain't Brittanica, but is usually
pretty useful for stuff like this). Here are some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raster_graphics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Graphics_tutorials

Others might have additional/better resources -- I'm so old, I learned
most of what I know before I was on the Web. ;-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer