Looking for a technique for applying conditionals

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 14:05:52 PDT 2006

> My advice: Use three conditions, Win, Unix, and Both, and three
> _complete_ paragraphs, one for each condition. Applying conditions
> to a word here and there is just asking for trouble -- extra spaces
> or spaces missing, etc.

The problem with this part is that we have some applications that run
on Solaris and Linux only, some that run on Solaris and HP-UX only,
some that run only on Solaris...you get the idea.

However, I do agree about the problms with conditionalizing at the
word level...just hoping that someone will come out with an "ah HAH!"
technique.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."