How do I get a single straight quote mark?

hperez at beckman.com hperez at beckman.com
Tue Jul 25 07:20:35 PDT 2006

Hi Martha,
Try holding down the Ctrl+' (the key to the left of the Enter key, with both the
double and singel quotation marks on it)
Helen

             "Neubauer Martha"
             <m.neubauer at pke.at>
             Sent by:                                                        To
             framers-bounces+hpe         framers at lists.frameusers.com
             rez=beckman.com at lis                                             cc
             ts.frameusers.com
                                                                        Subject
                                         How do I get a single straight quote
             07/25/2006 01:54 AM         mark?

Hi,

FrameMaker 7.2p158 English

Windows XP German

I want to be able to type single straight quotation marks in my
FrameMaker documents.

- I've turned off the Smart Quotes option.

- I've edited the maker.ini file so it reads

; German-style quotes with base quotes:

SmartQuotes=\xe2\xd4\xe3\xd2

Still, when I press Ctrl+', I get a curved quotation mark. I only have
the problem with the single quotation mark, the double quotation marks
(straight vs. curved) work fine.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Martha

or visit
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/hperez%40beckman.com

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc.  It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.  If you receive this message in error,  please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.