sorting translated tables

Klaus Mueller mueller23 at web.de
Tue Jul 25 16:16:30 PDT 2006

Hi all,

> If you're a FrameScripter, this would probably be a nice
> little script to rename all markers of a given type to
> another "temporary" marker type.

I found a pretty old public quick-and-dirty script that
does this for the current document. See below.

Kind regards,
Klaus

8< -----------------------------------------------------

  // SwitchMarkers.fsl
  // Klaus Mueller, Hamburg. March 26, 2002

  // [ Temporarily switch XRef-Markers ]

  // XRef-Markers within a table will be deleted
  // on table sorting (FM6-Bug).

  // This script changes temporarily the marker type.
  // On repeated call (after sorting) the original
  // marker will be reapplied.

  //Set vMarkerOriName = 'Querverweis';
  Set vMarkerOriName = 'Cross-Ref';
  Set vMarkerTmpName = 'Cross-RefTmp';
  //Set vMarkerTmpName = 'Glossary';

  Set vDoc = ActiveDoc;
  If not vDoc LeaveSub; EndIf

  Get Object Type(MarkerType) Name(vMarkerOriName)
    NewVar(vMarkerOriObj) DocObject(vDoc) ;
  If not vMarkerOriObj
    Display 'Marker "'+vMarkerOriName +'" is not defined.';
    LeaveSub;
  EndIf

  Get Object Type(MarkerType) Name(vMarkerTmpName)
    NewVar(vMarkerTmpObj) DocObject(vDoc) ;
  If not vMarkerTmpObj
    New MarkerType Name(vMarkerTmpName)
      NewVar(vMarkerTmpObj) DocObject(vDoc);
  EndIf

  Find FromTextLoc Marker(vMarkerTmpName) ReturnStatus(vFound);
  If vFound
    Set vMarkerGet = vMarkerTmpObj;
    Set vMarkerSet = vMarkerOriObj;
  Else
    Set vMarkerGet = vMarkerOriObj;
    Set vMarkerSet = vMarkerTmpObj;
  EndIf

  Set vMarkerCount = 0;
  Loop ForEach(Marker) In(vDoc) LoopVar(vMarker)
    If vMarker.MarkerTypeID.Name = vMarkerGet.Name
      Set vMarkerCount = vMarkerCount + 1;
      Set vMarker.MarkerTypeID = vMarkerSet;
    EndIf
  EndLoop

  If vMarkerCount = 0
    Display 'No markers of type "'+vMarkerGet.Name+'" found.   ';
  Else
    Set vPl = '';
    If vMarkerCount not= 1 Set vPl = 's'; EndIf
    Set vMsg = vMarkerCount +'  Marker'+vPl+' of type "'+
      vMarkerGet.Name+'" changed to "'+vMarkerSet.Name+'".   ';
    If vMarkerGet.Name = vMarkerOriName
      Set vMsg = vMsg +CHARCR+ 'To restore (after sorting): '+
        'Call the script again.';
    EndIf
    Display vMsg;
  EndIf

  //-- Unfortunately, the temporary marker object cannot be deleted ...
  //Delete Object(vMarkerTmpObj);