FM DICTIONARIES ACCESS

Robert Stoker info at seatechpubs.com
Wed Jul 26 10:25:49 PDT 2006

We checked into this a few years ago and found that the Spelling and
Thesaurus portions of FrameMaker are copyrighted to
Proximity/Merriam-Webster. The main dictionary and lookup functions
were not accessible via the FrameMaker SDK.  Adobe only allowed access
to the so-called "personal" and "site" dictionaries. We contacted
Proximity/Merriam-Webster about gaining access and got no response.
Eventually we gave up and went another way.

The Proximity website is:

http://proximity.franklin.com/index.html

Good luck.

Regards,