Aligned table cells in 2-columns layout

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Wed Jul 26 10:43:23 PDT 2006

On 26 Jul 2006, at 17:08, Olsson, Kristina wrote:

> I have a document with two columns per page, and I would like the
> table
> cells to be aligned horizontally.
> Above the table there is a heading which goes across the columns. If I
> place the marker for the table immediately after the heading, the
> entire
> table will only show in the left column. If I place the marker at the
> line below the heading, the table appears in both columns but the
> table
> cells are not aligned horizontally.
> Does anyone know how to align the table cells horizontally (so that
> the
> horizontal table cell lines are placed in line with each other) when
> using a 2-column layout?
> I'm grateful for help.

Easy one this.

Insert your table below the heading in its own paragraph. In the
Paragraph Designer, set the Space Below to, say -10pt, and set the
Format to In Column. Then, click in the table and in the Table
Designer, set the Space Above to -10 pt. This will align your table's
cells across both columns.

There's a page on the Adobe Web site about this somewhere.

Good luck!

Paul