Font Problem

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 30 03:37:45 PDT 2006

At 20:33 -0400 29/7/06, Eduardo F. Cidade, Sr. wrote:

>Action to date:
>I generated a list of references>>>fonts to locate the source of the problem
>and I got a *Symbol* font that is bolded but no Symbol Bold font.

Hey - always ready to help out a Coastguard: I do voluntary coast-watching here in Cornwall.

Your problem is a generic one: FrameMaker thinks that your document uses a font, but you cannot find an instance of it. FrameMaker can ferret font definitions away in the most unlikely places. Try saving the file to MIF and then searching the MIF with a text editor to find where Symbol Bold is used. That should tell you whether you can safely tell FrameMaker to ignore the 'missing' font or not.

Alternatively, consider investing $30 in copies of SiliconPrairie's Character, Paragraph and Table Tool plug-ins. These allow you to generate complete lists of character, paragraph and table format specifications, as well as searching for overrides.

One or the other of these should allow you to nail the ba... find the errant font ;-)
--
Steve Rickaby
WordMongers Ltd		                 http://www.wordmongers.com