Workgroup functionality under Frame 7.1

Mairi McKissock mairi.mckissock at bridgewatersystems.com
Fri Jun 2 11:37:17 PDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm working in a large(ish) and growing team of writers, and we need to start using some kind of distributed access control.  Can anyone give me any feedback on the in-built WebDAV workgroup functionality within Frame version 7.1?

Our Catch-22 situation is that we don't currently have WebDAV support in our environment, and we're told that we'll need to buy a new server if we want it.  In other words, I can't test the functionality until we've already committed to using it.

So:
- Are there any issues or known problems with the workgroup management functions?
- Does it support any kind of version control, or is it purely access control?
- If you've used it, do you like it?  Why or why not?
- Is there any intrinsic reason that this has to be on a different server from other data servers (I'm assuming the requirement for a new server is an internal IT-management issue, rather than anything technical)?  What are the minimum hardware/software requirements to support this?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Mairi McKissock

mairi.mckissock at bridgewatersystems.com
office: +1 613.591.9104 x2131
fax: +1 613.591.6656
www.bridgewatersystems.com
This e-mail message, its contents and any attached files are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be confidential. Any use, disclosure or reproduction of this e-mail, its contents or attached files by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the email and associated files. Bridgewater Systems makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about this communication, including with respect to its accuracy, completeness, security or freedom from viruses.