Workgroup functionality under Frame 7.1

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Fri Jun 2 11:49:41 PDT 2006

Hi Mairi,

The short answer is that FrameMaker WebDAV functionality does not work very
well at all.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hello All,

I'm working in a large(ish) and growing team of writers, and we need to
start using some kind of distributed access control. Can anyone give me any
feedback on the in-built WebDAV workgroup functionality within Frame version
7.1?

Our Catch-22 situation is that we don't currently have WebDAV support in our
environment, and we're told that we'll need to buy a new server if we want
it. In other words, I can't test the functionality until we've already
committed to using it.

So:
- Are there any issues or known problems with the workgroup management
functions?
- Does it support any kind of version control, or is it purely access
control?
- If you've used it, do you like it? Why or why not?
- Is there any intrinsic reason that this has to be on a different server
from other data servers (I'm assuming the requirement for a new server is an
internal IT-management issue, rather than anything technical)?  What are the
minimum hardware/software requirements to support this?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Mairi McKissock

mairi.mckissock at bridgewatersystems.com
office: +1 613.591.9104 x2131
fax: +1 613.591.6656
www.bridgewatersystems.com
This e-mail message, its contents and any attached files are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may be confidential. Any use, disclosure or
reproduction of this e-mail, its contents or attached files by anyone other
than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of the email and associated files. Bridgewater Systems makes no
representations or warranties whatsoever about this communication, including
with respect to its accuracy, completeness, security or freedom from
viruses.