FrameMaker to InDesign

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Jun 5 09:19:39 PDT 2006

Hi Ann,

Here are some ideas, depending on the nature of the FrameMaker documents.

* Save FM to RTF or Word and import the text into InDesign.

* For structured FrameMaker, export to XML and import XML into InDesign.

* Build a script to export FrameMaker paragraphs, tables, etc, wrapping them
in Adobe InDesign Tagged Text. Then open the tagged text file in InDesign to
get fully-formatted text. This would work well for simple, consistently
formatted FrameMaker documents.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267