FrameMaker to InDesign

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Jun 5 09:59:19 PDT 2006

Hi, Ann:

Rick's made some good points. If you search Google, frameusers.com
archives, FrameMaker and InDesign U2U forums at Adobe.com, for
phrases like your subject line, you'll find lots of postings on what
to expect when migrating. There are many FrameMaker features that
aren't implemented yet in InDesign, or aren't implemented as
thoroughly. Also search Google for indesigntalk, dedicated to, umm,
InDesign Talk!

Keep in mind that InDesign is fundamentally a layout program, which
traditionally expects the content it's given to be complete, or
nearly complete. Continuous authoring and editing is more
FrameMaker's strength, especially for x-refs, and complex numbering
that change frequently up to the final editing pass before handing
off for reproduction or distribution.
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices