Arabic Framemaker resource needed

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 03:03:27 PDT 2006

Robert,

What I did was to copy/paste the Arabic text from Word to FM, but in
order for it to work properly, I had to set the language settings (not
the keyboard settings, though) to Arabic. Then me and my Arabic expert
found out the keys and combinations for doing changes directly in FM.

However I do not recommend writing much text in Arabic in FM. Better
use Word og OpenOffice Writer or something else that handles Arabic
well.

How are you going to set up this book? We have a manual in different
languages, each language being a chapter on its own. That is one way
of doing it.

For dual language, you can also set a manual up using different flows,
A and B, which would allow you e.g. to share a graphic. You set the A
and B frames up on the master pages.

Good luck.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Supervisor Publishing