Hiding Pages?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Jun 8 08:36:48 PDT 2006

Schoen, Brady wrote:
> I have a question for everyone. I work for a company that builds 4 pieces of
> equipment that are all the same but are branded differently. The only
> difference in the manuals for the different brands of equipment is the 2
> pages showing decal placement. What I would like to do is to make one Book
> file for this equipment (so I don't have 4 different books to update
> everytime a change is made), and just change out the decal pages. Is it
> possible to put all the decal pages for all the brands consecutively in a
> chapter in a book and then just "Hide" the decal pages that I don't want
> shown when it is time to print so I can keep all my page numbering and
> formating intact?
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this? We are using Adobe Framemaker 6.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Brady

Brady,

Read the topics on Conditional Text in the FM Help and you will have the
info you need to do exactly what you want.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification
for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006
"The smartest export Canada ever sent to the United States."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5