Hiding Pages?

ROBIN POTTS robin.potts at adtran.com
Fri Jun 9 06:47:27 PDT 2006

Have you tried inserting the page elements in an anchored frame and then
applying the conditional text to the anchored frame tag? This may
eliminate the extra pages.

Robin Potts
Technical Writer
ADTRAN EN Tech Pubs
robin.potts at adtran.com
963-6131

Message: 11
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:01:16 -0400
From: "Schoen, Brady" <Brady.Schoen at sunflowermfg.com>
Subject: Hiding Pages?
To: "'framers at frameusers.com'" <framers at frameusers.com>

I have a question for everyone. I work for a company that builds 4
pieces of
equipment that are all the same but are branded differently. The only
difference in the manuals for the different brands of equipment is the 2
pages showing decal placement. What I would like to do is to make one
Book
file for this equipment (so I don't have 4 different books to update
everytime a change is made), and just change out the decal pages. Is it
possible to put all the decal pages for all the brands consecutively in
chapter in a book and then just "Hide" the decal pages that I don't want
shown when it is time to print so I can keep all my page numbering and
formating intact?

Anyone have any ideas on this? We are using Adobe Framemaker 6.0.

Thanks,
Brady