Framemaker and Translation

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Fri Jun 9 15:03:15 PDT 2006

FrameUsers:

I wanted to clarify the information on some of the pre-recorded webinars
available from www.translate.com (ENLASO.) We have conducted a number of
free webinars, several of which have centered on translating/localizing
regular and structured FrameMaker documents.

You can request any of the webinar recordings listed below (which are
related to FrameMaker or general production) by sending an e-mail to
chris at translate.com which included the title of the webinar.  You can
also register on www.translate.com for our periodic newsletter.

We have an upcoming Webinar you may register for: June 29 @ 11:00 AM PDT
A growing market: Non-English speakers in the US
At (you may have to edit broken line endings if cutting/pasting this
URL) :
https://enlaso.webex.com/enlaso/mywebex/epmainframe.php?rlink=https%3A%2
F%2Fenlaso.webex.com%2Fenlaso%2Fonstage%2Fmainframe.php%3Fmainurl%3D%2Fe
nlaso%2Fonstage%2Ftool%2Fevent%2Fevent_detail.php%3FEventID%3D277505067%
26FirstEnter%3D1%26GuestTimeZone%3D%26SourceId%3D&Rnd2424=0.355608612377
8569
<https://enlaso.webex.com/enlaso/mywebex/epmainframe.php?rlink=https://e
nlaso.webex.com/enlaso/onstage/mainframe.php?mainurl=/enlaso/onstage/too
l/event/event_detail.php?EventID=277505067&FirstEnter=1&GuestTimeZone=&S
ourceId=&Rnd2424=0.3556086123778569>

PREVIOUS WEBINARS AVAILABLE:
Structured FrameMaker with Doug Pearson:
Pearson in an intensive one-hour webinar that explores how structured
FrameMaker7 files streamline multilingual publishing and product
localization processes - improving overall project quality, cost, and
turnaround.
XML and Localization with Yves Savourel:
demonstrations, Yves Savourel explores the benefits and advantages of
XML in localization, even when the localizable data is not in an XML
format. The session also explores the translation of XML documents and
how to overcome some of the challenges XML-enabled tools still offer.
Successful Documentation Localization with Max Hoffmann:
documentation localization management concepts that improve processes,
costs, and performance associated with multilingual global projects.
Using dynamic examples and demonstrations, Hoffmann will provide fresh
insights and solutions for successful documentation
internationalization, localization, and translation-highlighting
single-source strategies.
Effective Localization Project Handoff Management with Yusuke Kirimoto:
second place in the sprint relays is usually measured in tenths or
hundredths of a second. Therefore, precise execution of the "handoff" is
paramount to success. Project handoffs in localization carry the same
consequences as global companies sprint to maintain global market
leadership. Localization projects require the coordination of myriad
combinations of professionals and technologies facing complex
linguistic, cultural, content, and technical challenges.
Successful Documentation Localization Management - Part II with Max
Hoffmann:
features again documentation expert Max Hoffmann. This intensive
one-hour Webinar covers critical concepts essential to successful
localization of documentation. Hoffman will also talk about checklists
and recommendations that lead to improved processes, reduced costs, and
successful delivery of multilingual global projects. Using dynamic
examples and demonstrations, Hoffmann will provide further insights and
solutions for successful documentation internationalization,
localization, and translation. The Webinar will also cover single-source
publishing solutions.
Localization 101 - Where Do You Start And How Do You Go About It? with
Yves Lang :
are responsible for the planning and execution of multilingual product
development. The intensive one-hour Webinar presentation will explore
fundamental localization management concepts that improve enterprise
processes, costs, and performance.
Maxwell Hoffmann
Manager of Applications Engineering
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com
ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and
exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development,
and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.

complimentary localization newsletter.

Message: 15