Volume Name in Header

Harro de Jong hdjong at triview.nl
Tue Jun 13 05:01:20 PDT 2006

Sivia Atar wrote :

> We would like to automate putting the volume number and name in the
> header. With this solution (that was posted a year ago to the
> forum) we can do this. But is there a way to format the text that you
> enter in the Volume number dialog when Format is set to Text?

Sure. Like all text in FrameMaker, the header uses Paragraph tags to
define styles. By default, the style Header is used, but you can add
your own as well.
So you don't define the style in the Numbering dialog, but just assign
the right Paragraph tag to the paragraph on the master page where you
use <$volnum>.

Harro de Jong