HTML Links Produced by FrameMaker Hypertext Marker

mbradley at techpubs.com mbradley at techpubs.com
Fri Jun 16 09:27:10 PDT 2006

I'm using FM 7.1 to create source files for online help, which is generated by WebWorks ePublisher Pro 9.1.

I have a few HTML links to other web sites. In FM, I insert them using the Hypertext marker text:

  message URL http://www.techpubs.com

In the WW help file, the links open in a new browser. We would like them to open inside the help topic window.

In the HTML code of the WW help pages, the links specify a target:

I remove the target manually or if I change it to "_self", the links open within the help window. Obviously, we want to avoid manually editing the help every time it's generated. I've tried adding the target code to the marker text and I've tried inserting the entire link as HTML macro. But to no avail. Frankly, I don't know if the target code is produced by FrameMaker or WebWorks. I'm checking on the WebWorks end of things, but maybe someone on this list knows.

Thanks.

= Mike Bradley
  www.techpubs.com