Figure number updating

Patricia Carmel Patricia.Carmel at unipier.com
Mon Jun 19 07:39:45 PDT 2006

Hi,
First of all, I panicked and it transpired that it was only in two (though major) chapters in a five-chapter book, and not all. After I calmed down a bit, I discovered the following:

There was a disconnect between my first page, where the first figure appeared and the next page, where the second figure appeared, which is why the second figure thought it was the first one. The question was why: Autoconnect was selected and the tag letter between the frames was consistent.

Well, I don't know - the only explanation is that the material was pasted from Word, and there must have been a massive amount of garbage screwing up the document. My solution was to recreate the info on the first page, apply the first page master page, then delete the corrupt first page.  So far, holding my breath, but it seems to have worked.

Thanks.

Patricia