FrameMaker to MS Word Conversion

Mon Jun 19 13:29:31 PDT 2006

Dave Vincent wrote:

> I'm looking for the best method possible to convert
> FrameMaker documents to MS Word 2003. I have a delivery
> requirement in Word that my customer will not budge on.
> FrameMaker does a decent job of conversion but am looking to
> see if there is anything better out there.

Linda and Grant are correct. Mif2Go is the only reasonable choice, and
far better than FM's own filter.

Furthermore, contrary to what I said about HTML conversion moments ago,
you really can just "push a button" and end up with a pretty decent Word
doc. You might want to do some tweaking of settings -- and Mif2Go has
all the power and complexity you could ask for, if you want complete
control -- but the defaults will probably get you pretty close.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer