Speeding up FM 7.2 Startup

Phil Heron Phil.Heron at CODA.com
Wed Jun 21 08:36:23 PDT 2006

I do use the Symbol font but it's the Microsoft TrueType one shipped
with Windows.

Consulting my archive, I see that Dov Isaacs sent a message to the list
on 25/10/04 stating:

"(3) Yes. Some peculiar interaction between the PostScript driver and
Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 requires that Symbol TrueType font and
it uses that font instead of the Type 1 font."

I also removed the AdobePiStd font because it has no characters in the
range available for use by FrameMaker.

Phil Heron

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Rickaby [mailto:srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 21 June 2006 16:25
To: framers at FrameUsers.com
Cc: Phil Heron
Subject: Re: Speeding up FM 7.2 Startup

At 15:20 +0100 21/6/06, Phil Heron wrote:

>For your information, I removed the following fonts:
>- Japanese (Heisei* and Koz*)
>- Chinese and Korean (AdobeMingStd, AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium and
>AdobeSongStd-Light)
>- Symbol (AdobePiStd and SymbolStd)

Phil - I seem to remember reading somewhere that FrameMaker malfunctions
without the Symbol font. That might no longer be true in 7.2, of course.
--
Steve

Using spreadsheets for group consolidation and reporting?
Report faster and eliminate spreadsheet errors with CODA's consolidation system, OCRA. Click here for more

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may not be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in error, please advise us immediately.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. CODA does not accept responsibility for changes to any email which occur after the email has been sent. Attachments to this email may contain software viruses, which could damage your systems. CODA has checked the attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check them before opening