Using Acrobat's Online Review Feature

Neil Tubb neil.tubb at SolaceSystems.com
Wed Jun 21 13:25:58 PDT 2006

Thanks Richard. I went through the same thing with the Adobe
site...until I realized that all of their various server products (Adobe
Document Server, Reader Extensions Server, etc.) are actually just part
of the Lifecycle Server product. Not that anyone thought to mention this
anywhere easily accessible at Adobe.com. Oh well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Combs, Richard [mailto:richard.combs at Polycom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:21 PM
To: Neil Tubb; John Posada; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Using Acrobat's Online Review Feature

Neil Tubb wrote:

> Fair point John. I guess I wasn't specific enough. We really
> want the browser-based review option, because that is the
> only way reviewers will be able to see the comments of other
> reviewers online-- which helps to avoid multiple comments on
> the same point. The email and manual roll-up into one
> reviewed document is OK, but not as helpful for our needs.
>
> Funny that it apparently works with Acrobat Reader 6
> though...wonder if we can't just find a copy of 6 out there
> somewhere and distribute that...hmmm...

Not Reader 6 -- Acrobat 6. Reader 7 is the first _reader_ version that
supports review/comment. But the _full_ version of Acrobat 6 (or 7)
permits collaborative review without the Adobe server software.

BTW, good luck finding out much about the server products on the Adobe
website. When we looked into the review/comment features, I chased my
tail around their site for a couple of hours without ever finding any
pricing info -- or even detailed descriptions beyond the vague
market-speak promises and generalities. Every attempt to drill deeper
eventually led me back to where I'd come from, no wiser than before. :-}

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer