Methodology for Source Code Control

karyn hunt karyn_hunt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:36:45 PDT 2006

Hi Guys,

   I know this is somewhat off topic, but perhaps the responses will be
helpful for others. I've been checking my FrameMaker files in to CVS for
source control purposes and just felt the sting of not having used branches.
In other words, I've always checked my FrameMaker files right in to the head
and overwritten them with each new release. Until this week, that wasn't a
problem. But this week, I began to see the shortcomings of that system.

   So I'm wondering, how many of you out there use branching when checking
your Frame files in to a source code control system and how many of you just
overwrite in one place?

Karyn Hunt