Speeding up FM 7.2 Startup

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Fri Jun 23 09:10:09 PDT 2006

You need to be at least a "Power User" (or Administrator) on Windows XP
to delete files from 'protected' directories like C:\Program Files\

If you can't do it because of the permission, you should be able to get
your IT department to do it for you.

On  Friday, June 23, 2006 11:59 AM, Anne Robotti wrote:

| > > These all seem to be read-only on my system. Am I in the
| > right place?
| > > I'm removing them from:
| > >
| > > C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker 7.2\fminit\fonts\adobe
| >
| > Yep, that's the right place. When Windows comes up with the
| > 'these files are read-only' dialog, there's an option to
| > delete them anyway.
|
| Yes, but then it still won't do it. Oh well!
|
| Anne

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com