Localization and switch to A4 paper

Melanie Raney raney at earthdecision.com
Fri Jun 23 20:37:13 PDT 2006

Thanks Daniel, Diane, Rick.

I should have said before, our main method of delivery to customers is
PDF. So, we're wanting a PDF that's of the right size before it ever
gets to a paper printer.

As for recreating our template... Just for our English user guides, we
have 18 template files. We have already recreated about 10 of those
files for two other book formats (training and marketing), so we're up
to 38 now. We produce a multi-volume software user guide (totaling about
10K pages), which is rev'd 2-3 times a year--plus 5-6 trainings each
year--and we are a small writing team of only 3-6 people at any time.
It's a nightmare to think about yet another set of 38 templates to
maintain. But, if we have to we have to, and I will use your
recommendations.

Any others would also be welcome.

--
Melanie Raney