Generating lists for review

Grant Hogarth Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Mon Jun 26 08:21:34 PDT 2006

To expand on this.. I generate 2 books... One that is "What the Customer
Sees", and one that has individual chapters for:
* Author's Notes (things I need to check/fix/do)
* Integrator Notes (things that my downstream writers need to check
(such as paths, UI, etc.)
* Changed (added/deleted/rewritten) Text notes,, including changed
graphics.
* List of all graphics
* List of all markers (save hypertext) -- useful for seeing the ones
that got tagged incorrectly)
* Change Note.  Overview of large things that have changed (Sort-of a
"What's New" for the app/doc, plus any changes I may have made in terms
of new pgf formats, char formats, etc.)

You could easily add 4 more LOMS (you will have to rename each to get a
distinguishable new one), one for each reviewer.  Then just tell the
reviewers to look at only their notes.

Grant
Grant Hogarth
Senior Technical Writer
Equis International - A Reuters Company
TZ: Mountain (GMT -7)

(t) +1 801 270 3180 | (o) +1 801 265 9996| (f) +1 801 265 3999

Get the latest news at Reuters.com