missing fonts

Zimerman Orly orly.Zimerman at tadirantele.com
Tue Jun 27 00:23:08 PDT 2006

I'd like to add:
I had an extremely interesting case a while back that was driving me nuts because I couldn't find the missing font.
I had done everything that Fred suggested, as well as making sure that I was using Acrobat Distiller as my printer driver.
I also saved the file as MIF, so that I wouldn't miss the font **anywhere** in the file. Of course, it was not in the MIF file.
In the end, I isolated the problem by cutting out chunks of text until I located the offender.
It was a cross reference to the *name* of another FM file not included in my current book file that was using the missing font.  ( I don't recall if the specific *name* was using the font, or it was just missing from the other file),
Once I save the other file without "remember missing fonts name" on, the problem was solved.

Good Luck,
Orly.

Orly Zimmerman
Technical Writer