OT: Syntax for if/then statement

Beck, Charles Charles.Beck at infor.com
Thu Jun 29 11:05:17 PDT 2006

One additional thought: Despite what I said in my previous post, I agree
with Jeremy. Your editor's construction is also not correct. You should
not be using either "and" OR "then" with conditional construct
statements. In this case, your editor's position (on reading closer) is
worse than the one you have been using. But it may turn out that neither
is really grammatically correct.

BTW, I can't say what the Chicago Manual of Style says about such
things, because I do not have one handy, but it might be interesting to
see what that style guide says about this...

Cheers,
Chuck Beck