Multiple Superscript Offset %s in One Document

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 30 09:50:39 PDT 2006

At 12:17 -0400 30/6/06, James Dyson wrote:

>My reserved symbol is either too low or my daggers are too high. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, but you won't like it.

Assuming that you can get a superscript setting that is ok for most of your superscripts, isolate the problem one(s) and put them in a one-character text box contained within an 'at insertion point' anchored frame tacked onto the letter that precedes the superscripted character. Copy and paste as required.

Downside: it's fiddly. Upside: you can set any size and position of the superscripted character by massing with font sizes/character formats and nudging the text box up and down within the anchored frame.

I expect someone will have a better (or, at least, slightly less demented) idea. It's Friday, my brain got fried by Larry's video. Oh, that was the 'Fm for OS X' group...
--
Steve