Opentype/special characters

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Mar 1 09:11:02 PST 2006

Dieter,

To be very clear ...

(1) I did NOT claim that these techniques were "secret."
Please don't put words in my mouth.

(2) By "registry hacks" I am referring to techniques that
although expedient, can lead to major problems in subsequent
parts of a workflow or in compatibility with other products
or even the same product in the future as well as transferring
documents using such techniques to other systems not-so
configured.

(3) As much as you and I and almost anyone else would love
to see FrameMaker fully Unicode and OpenType savvy, it
unfortunately isn't (and before any of you flame me publicly
or privately with hate mail, I have no control over that!).

	- Dov

<http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.support.microsoft.c
om%2fkb%2f159594%2fen-us%2f>