Duplicate IDs when Saving as XML

Karen West klw at cyberscience.com
Thu Mar 2 08:20:48 PST 2006

Bernard asked:

> Are your source files already structured, or do you export to
> XML using the FM "Save As" feature?

I do indeed use the 'save as' xml feature, my documents are not structured.

Rick suggested:

> I would suggest trying Mif2Go (http://www.omsys.com) to
> generate your XML from unstructured FrameMaker. It is easier to customize
the
> output you get and it should resolve the duplicate ID problem.

Thanks for the suggestion Rick. Unfortunately I'm getting invalid xml
generated by Mif2Go.

<code80> </code80>

Viewed in Internet Explorer it says "Reference to undefined entity 'nbsp'."
I guess I shall have to email their technical support and see if they can
help. I don't know why there's a non-breaking space there as there isn't in
the Frame document. It's just a blank line in a table, that the Frame XML
treats as follows:

<Code8-0>
<A ID="pgfId-5736251"></A>
</Code8-0>