TOCs at beginning of each chapter

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 01:10:12 PST 2006

This method is only needed, IMHO, if you want the ToC to refer to the
ToC, or if you have a very small ToC that will be sharing a page with
the beginning of the chapter.

But I agree: use only one book file.

There is also the third alternative: make the individual ToCs for each
chapter and add it to the book file before the chapter. Then you can
decide the numbering from within the book file, whether you have a
separate numbering for the ToC, like Roman numbers or the same as the
chapter, in which case you would set the chapter file to continnue the
numbering from the previous file. In the last case, you will have to
update the ToC to show the new page numbering.

HTH,

Bodvar