It's Here - the Brand New Adobe FrameMaker for Mac OS X Petition Web Site

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Tue Mar 7 02:54:27 PST 2006

Dear Supporter,

Apple introduced its first Intel-based Macs in January and intends to
transition the entire range from PowerPC to Intel by the end of the
year. This is significant for Mac FrameMaker users because the new
Intel Macs don't support the Classic environment and cannot run
FrameMaker. To mark this critical phase in our campaign, I've set up a
new domain for the FrameMaker for Mac OS X Web site (fm4osx.org),
totally redesigned the site, and added PDF form letters to make writing
to Adobe and Apple really easy. Please take a look at the new site and
write to Adobe and Apple today.

<http://www.fm4osx.org/>

Apparently, after putting all of its efforts into Acrobat and Creative
Suite for the last few years, Adobe has reevaluated its portfolio and
is reinvesting in FrameMaker. The first evidence of this was the
September release of FrameMaker 7.2 for Windows and Solaris. Adobe has
also said that if the market for Mac FrameMaker changes and there's an
opportunity, it will respond. In other words, if enough people let
Adobe know that they want FrameMaker for Mac OS X, they'll make it.

If you haven't already written to Adobe, I urge you to do so now. Even
if you have already written, please write again. The new PDF form
letters on the Web site mean that it will only take a few minutes of
your time. I've also provided address labels.

Apple is still using Classic (Mac OS 9) and FrameMaker 6.0 to produce
its own user guides and I know that its technical writers want
FrameMaker for Mac OS X just as much as we do. Even Adobe is still
using it.

If you've not yet signed the petition, please do so now. If you've
already signed, please don't sign again, as it diminishes the petition
and I have to manually remove duplicates. I understand your
frustration, but writing to Adobe would be more constructive.

<http://www.petitiononline.com/fmforosx/petition.html>

If you're not already a member, please join the FrameMaker for Mac OS X
mailing list to keep up to date with the campaign's progress and
discuss Mac FrameMaker-related issues.