Error installing FM 7.1p116

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 07:05:07 PST 2006

Certainly not a problem if it works for you.

With any method except the PS-to-PDF, I get blocks of missing text, usually
beginning and ending where a font attribute changes. It'd be fatal if
I didn't have
the full Distiller version, but as long as I have a work-around....
Also, although
I haven't checked lately, the two-step used to be the only method Dov
Isaacs, Adobe's
FM-to-PDF guru recommended.

Art

On 3/6/06, Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy at omsys.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:10:41 -0500, "Art Campbell"
> <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't want to disillusion you prematurely, but Save As
> >pdf and Distiller still don't work reliably with the patch.
> >May not crash, but the only solidly reliable way to distill
> >is still to print to a PS file and distill manually (I was
> >on 7.1 for more than a year and just hopped to 7.2 .
>
> I'm a little puzzled.  I've always known that SaveAs PDF
> was a Bad Idea, but the method I use is not manual either.
> It's Print, to the Adobe PDF (or Distiller, pre-6.0) printer.
> This is a one-click process that always works for me.  I've
> never done it in two steps.  Is there some problem with this?

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358