No insertion point

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Mar 7 10:19:37 PST 2006

Hi, Gillian:

There's likely no text frame on the body page. The text is probably
created with the Text Line tool, the "A" tool in the graphics tools
palette.

You can select this hybrid text/graphics object by:

* Dragging a selection marquee around it; take care not to drag
background graphics and objects.

* Ctrl+Click on it to select it.

You can select the text by:

* Click an insertion point in it and drag

* Double or triple click in it

Read more about Text Lines in FM online help.

Your options are:

* Format this text directly or by creating a character format and
applying it to the text

* Create a text frame with the text frame tool ("mini page icon") in
the graphics tools palette

* Double click inside the frame and type to create paragraph-based text.

* Select the frame with Ctrl+Click, and drag a side or corner to
adjust the size and position of the text frame

* Apply a paragraph format to each paragraph in the text frame.

--
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices