table sort order

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Mar 7 13:27:18 PST 2006

Good idea, Shlomo. I didn't mention, however, that each of these numbers is
a cross-reference to an actual document. Therefore, I can't edit the number
manually unless I open each of the 624 files and change the variable that
defines that file's document number.

But your idea is so spiffy (especially the part about creating a variable
named "0") that I'm going to use it on a different project, so thanks!

Carol

At 12:52 PM 3/7/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>To fix this manually, you may insert an invisible/non-printing leading
>zeroe/s as necessary in front of the shorter numeric strings.
>To make insertion easier, create a "NoPrint" character format (where the
>color is set to an invisible one), then create a variable named "0", which
>has: <NoPrint>0

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773