Figure numbering

Gillian Flato gflato at nanometrics.com
Tue Mar 7 15:35:44 PST 2006

How do you guys do figure numbering?

1. Figure 1,2,3
2. Figure 1-1, 1-2, ...2-1, 2-2
3. Figure 1-1...3-10...5-30

Currently, the book I am updating does #3. It stops counting at figure
325 and then starts at 1 again. I want to do number 2, so I want the
Figure numbering to start over at the beginning of each chapter. How do
I do this?

If you guys know of a better method, tell me what you do.

Thanks,

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)

NANOmetrics, Inc.

1550 Buckeye Dr.

Milpitas, CA. 95035

(408.435.9600 x 316

7  408.232.5911

* gflato at nanometrics.com <blocked::mailto:v at nanometrics.com>

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.