Figure numbering

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Tue Mar 7 16:15:21 PST 2006

I do option 1, although I have used option 2 in the past. I don't
particularly like option 3.

You can do option 2 quite easily. Assuming unstructured FM, you develop
a paragraph format for figure titles. The autonumber pattern is

F:Figure <$chapnum>-<n+>.\sm

Once you have that set, ensure that Format > Document > Numbering
Paragraph tab is set to restart paragraph numbering with each chapter.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.