Paragraph tag with Frame below

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Mar 22 12:00:27 PST 2006

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Got both of my first two questions answered quickly, so let me continue on
> question #2.  I am required by the FAA on any documentation that I produce
> to mark the blank page at the end of the chapter with the phrase
> "INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK". Right now, the writers simply manually hit
> return a couple of times and use a paragraph tag called Blank Page that
> aligns the tag in the center of the page and sets the font to uppercase,
> bold, arial, 10 point. The problem is that not all writers place the
> phrase consistently in the same location on a blank page either within
> their own documents or across their documents and I want to make this
> consistent.
>
> I have started this process with making a graphic called Blank Page - it
> contains the words intentionally left blank - that's all.  I have used
> this graphic on a reference page and set it up so that when I apply it as
> a Frame Below a paragraph tag called Blank Page, it is centered beneath
> the paragraph tag, which is also centered on the page. The only thing -
> when I place this tag on a blank page, I want to place it so that the tag
> is centered top/bottom on the blank page - otherwise, we just run into the
> same problem we had before - consistently moving the graphic now (instead
> of free text) to the same vertical alignment on a blank page.
>
> Right now, I have it kinda' kludged  - it's a two-step process where the
> users manually place a BlankPage_Step1 tag at the top of the blank page
> (which is always a left hand page), then press return and the next
> paragraph tag is automatically the BlankPage tag which has a space above
> set to 120 pts and the graphic centered.  I want to do this in one step
> (if I am making any sense and if it is even possible). When a user clicks
> at the top of the blank page, I want them to be able to click BlankPage
> and have the tag automatically be placed in the center of the page, but
> other than working with space above a tag (which means having another tag
> first), I cant' figure out a way to do this.

Tammy,

Why not put your Blank Page text in its own frame on a special master
page and then use Apply Master Pages to apply it whenever a Blank Page
tag is used?

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Democracy: you can’t export it abroad when you don’t practise it at home."
--Jack Layton

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5