Hypertext Marker Text not showing up in XML output

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Mar 22 18:59:07 PST 2006

At 02:56 PM 3/22/2006, Petersen, Oran C wrote:
>We are doing simple "save as" to XML from structured Frame 7.0 files
>that contain hyperlinks. In the XML file the hyperlinks are being
>flagged as there, but are empty of values.
>This XML is being heavily massaged through external programs, but we do
>need the actual hyperlink values to appear in the output.
>Does anyone know why this might be happening? We have made different
>choices from the structapps.fm list with the same negative results.
>Thanks.

Oran,
   Are the hyperlink markers defined to be elements or non-element markers?
Do you want the marker text written as an attribute or the content of the
element? If content, you'll need a Marker Text Is Content r/w rule.  If an
attribute, make sure your DTD declares the attribute to use. If the
attribute name is not Text, you'll need a r/w rule to specify the attribute
used for this information.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284