Weird, sudden problem distilling postscript files

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Mar 23 14:37:10 PST 2006

I will confirm that I have seen this situation every
so often and that the ONLY solution is to reboot your
computer. (By "this situation" I mean oddball results
when using "save as PDF" including but limited to
crashes, failures to produce any output, etc.)

This happens on occasion when using the "save as PDF"
feature of FrameMaker and seemingly the interface between
the PostScript printer driver and the Distiller plug-in
to that driver becomes unstable. That instability is
reset by reboot.

I cannot yet accurately reproduce this happening but
the FrameMaker development team is aware of this (and
other printing) problems.