Fwd: Re: Lurking fonts: for info

Melanie Raney raney at earthdecision.com
Fri Mar 24 09:45:40 PST 2006

Rick, We constantly have the same issues you're having. Every time we
try to print, create a PDF, or regenerate the books, we get the missing
fonts list: 'TimesNewRoman' and 'Times'.

We aren't using either of these fonts, and no manner of search reveals
them in the FM file.
When I look at the MIF, I see something very similar to what you have
shown below but replace `TimesNewRomanPSMT' with 'TimesNewRoman' in
mine. In addition, 'Times' never shows up in our MIF at all.

I've tried the suggestion of replacing all the table formats. However, I
don't want the default table formats to have footer rows (because 95% of
our tables don't need a footer row), so I update the formats with footer
rows then try deleting the footer rows and updating again. This is in
the hopes that it remembers how the footer row is supposed to look even
though its not inserted in the table. This results in no joy for
eliminating the bad font... Keep getting 'TimesNewRoman' showing up the
footer row definition. But, get this, when I insert a footing row in a
table, it is always formatted correctly, using the correct paragraph
tag/font... Craziness!

I'm watching closely to see if anyone can help you figure this out.

Sharing your pain,

--
melanie raney