Fwd: Re: Lurking fonts: for info

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Mar 24 10:25:09 PST 2006

Hi, Melanie:

Here's the problem, according to my quick tests and examining MIF files:

* In a new file, based on standard FM templates, the default table
format A has no footing row, and the paragraph format catalog has  no
definition for CellFooting. However, in the MIF file, you can see
that the format A table definition has a statement to use the
CellFooting paragraph format for cells in a footing row.

* Adding a footing row to a format A table creates CellFooting tags
in the cells, but CellFooting is not in the paragraph catalog, so the
tag information area (left end of status bar) displays *CellFooting.
    I think the CellFooting paragraph format is cloned from the
existing CellHeading format, but it might be generated from some
other source.

* Adding the CellFooting paragraph format to the catalog locks in a
definition for it.

I think you can accomplish what you want by creating a definition for
the CellFooting paragraph format in the catalog, using a font you
have. Table footing rows you create will look in for CellFooting and
if it exists in the catalog, they will use the font you have
specified. I believe that this approach will preclude FM trying to
find the hidden, elusive, maddening, "ghost," location of
TimesNewRoman and variations.

HTH

Regards,

Peter Gold