FrameMaker7.2 and Acrobat

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Mar 28 06:57:05 PST 2006

Ellen,

You wrote:

>I've just updated to 7.2 from 7.0...... So now I've got Acrobat
>Distiller 7 and Acrobat Reader 7.07. According to Adobe, I don't have
>what they call "Acrobat" Standard or Professional.
>So, in FrameMaker I can set the security when I create a pdf to allow
>comments, but when the pdf opens in the Reader, it is impossible to
>add comments. Is this correct behavior?  According to the Adobe
>technician I spoke to, it is. But in that case, it's a serious
>regression from version 5.05. Do we really have to purchase more?

Only Acrobat Professional 7.0x (or Acrobat 3D) can enable commenting in the
free Adobe Reader.

Distiller's security settings can control whether comments can be added or
blocked when the PDF is viewed in Acrobat Standard or Professional.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars