FrameMaker7.2 and Acrobat

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 07:25:35 PST 2006

David,

The command you mention does not exist in Adobe Reader (the free tool).
And there is no current product called Acrobat Reader any more. The free
reader now uses only the Adobe name (not Acrobat) and the editor/reader
tool that comes as part of the Acrobat 7.0 Standard or Professional product
is simply called Acrobat 7.0 (the same designation as the whole tool suite).

But in any event, you must have the editor/reader that only comes with
the full Acrobat product to enable commenting from the free reader. This
is actually an improvement in functionality, because commenting has never
before been possible from the free reader. In versions 3.0 and 4.0, there
was a low-cost (~$40) review tool, but in versions 5.0 and 6.0 commenting
required the full Acrobat product on the reviewer's desktop.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ